Over 1 billion people use Instagram every month, creating opportunities for businesses to reach new customers each day. Using Instagram Giveaways is a great way to reach and engage with your target audience!
For creators, giveaways are an exciting way to connect with brands and their followers. The opportunity to win a contest motivates people to engage with your brand and allows you to stand out in comparison to other posts in your feed.
This article will explain Instagram’s rules on giveaways, the benefits of giveaways, and provide tips to make sure your Instagram giveaway leads to conversions. Giveaways have the ability to build your brand, gain awareness, loyalty, and trust from a larger audience.
Navigating Instagram Regulations.
Be sure to be up-to-date with Instagram’s Terms and Conditions to avoid unnecessary penalizations.
Luckily, Instagram’s terms for Giveaways are simple! Make sure that Creators should not tag themselves in your content or anything that is not in the photo(s). Also, ensure that your Creators include a similar statement to the following example:
“This promotion is in no way associated, administrated or associated with Instagram, Inc”.
Once you complete these two guidelines, you are ready to reap the benefits of a successful Instagram Giveaway!
The Perks of adding Instagram Giveaways in your social media strategy
- Grow your following:
- To increase your company’s following, ask the Creator to add a message to their post, such as: “To win this prize follow me (the Creator) and @yourcompany”
- Fire up your engagement:
- Social media contests are a great way to increase buzz around your page and get engagement with your content. As you will have a surge of potential customers scanning your Instagram profile, ensure that your page has exciting content.
- Generate brand awareness:
- With giveaways, you have the potential to reach new demographics. You can double the reach of your giveaway by asking people to tag their BFF or a friend below as a way to gain entry!
- Save money on content creation:
- Instagram is a highly visual social media channel and photographers can be expensive, often costing between $75 to $250 per photograph or hour. Instead, you can reuse your Creator’s giveaway posts on your feed. Before acting on this, confirm you have permission from the Creator to use their content.
Quick Tips to a Successful Instagram Giveaway
- Be sure not to have too many rules for your Instagram giveaway.
- If your audience has to jump through multiple hoops to register for the giveaway, the majority will not complete the giveaway entry. Therefore, put yourself in your customers’ shoes and create a giveaway that is simple, easy, and fun. As a rule of thumb sign-up process for your giveaway should take 45 seconds or less.
- Be ready to boost successful posts with Instagram Post Amplification and turn your Creator marketing into product advertising.
- With some training, you can create a custom audience that targets location, interests, gender, and age for your ads to reach with a CTA to the product’s checkout page on your website.
- Set goals.
- Specifying your company’s goals will help determine what you want to accomplish through the usage of social media. Whether you want to increase your following or boost leads will change the aspects of the giveaway’s Call to Action, prize, and type of Creators you partner with.
- Give a prize that represents your brand.
- The prize should tell customers who you are and what you can provide them, as a business. You want to choose a prize that is significant enough in value to drive consumer incentive to join the contest.
- Don’t forget about the losers.
- Everyone that entered the giveaway is likely someone that is interested in your brand. Think about a strategy that will convert these leads into loyal customers. You could Direct Message them with a coupon code for the product or anything else you can do to earn their trust and increase action.
The Final Point.
Successful brands like MAC Cosmetics and Supreme are using Creator partnerships to promote giveaways. Working with Creators to launch Instagram giveaways can help build your audience, boost sales, and increase brand awareness. You can customize your giveaway campaigns based on your company’s goals and save money creating content.
Instagram giveaways will help you establish your brand. They can cultivate a loyal following and share your products or services with a larger audience than you could otherwise!